VSC Zoland Poetry Fellowships
VERMONT STUDIO CENTER AND ZOLAND POETRY OFFER FELLOWSHIPS FOR TWO NEW STUDIO RESIDENCIES
Beginning in 2009, Zoland Poetry and the Vermont Studio Center (VSC) will begin collaborating on two new annual writing fellowships at VSC’s international retreat center in Johnson, Vermont. The establishment of these ongoing fellowships will allow each organization to open up new creative opportunities, while providing valuable time for writers to focus on individual projects.
third Zoland Poetry annual
with cover art by Joe Brainard
Applications will be open to both translators and poets working on contemporary English-language projects. The duration of each residency will be one month, and the cost will be fully covered by the fellowship. Previously VSC has accepted 12 writers each month for poetry, fiction, and nonfiction residencies, but this is the first time in VSC’s 25-year history that full fellowships are being made available for translators to cover the $3,750 cost of a one-month residency.
Each fellowship includes:
• a private studio in the new Maverick Writing Studios building, including a
networked printer and wireless Internet access
• the presence of two Visiting Writers per month, each of whom gives a reading and a craft talk and offers optional individual conferences
• access to the Mason House Conference Room & Library
• the opportunity to share work at one of three monthly readings
• publication in a forthcoming Zoland Poetry annual
The application form and fellowship guidelines will be available on the VSC and Zoland Poetry websites in early November, and the deadline for the first fellowships will be February 15, 2009. Zoland Residencies must take place within a year of the receipt of the award.